SAFe Scrum Master TrainingGain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise
Monday 22nd & Tuesday 23rd June 2020
Thurs 18th & Fri 19th September 2020
Duration: 2 days
Location: Central London
SAFe Scrum Master Training Certification Course
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organisation. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe environment, increasing their value to teams and organisations that are implementing SAFe.
Find out more from the Scaled Agile Framework site.
Check out these related Scaled Agile courses:
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- New Scrum Masters who need to perform the role
- Existing Scrum Masters who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Team Leads who want to understand the Scrum Master role
- SAFe Release Train Engineers who want to coach Scrum Masters on their role
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
The class registration includes:
- Course Manual
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 5 Scrum Master exam
- SAFe Scrum Master exam fee
- Certificate on completion. Certification will be valid for one year and will need to be renewed after that time. Renewal fee is $100
- One year membership as a certified SAFe® 5 Scrum Master
- SAFe Scrum Master digital badge
- Lunch, tea, coffee, fruit juice
- Introducing Scrum in SAFe
- Characterizing the role of the Scrum Master
- Experiencing Program Increment planning
- Facilitating Iteration execution
- Finishing the Program Increment
- Coaching the Agile team
Becoming a Certified SAFe 5 DevOps Practitioner requires an exceptional range of skills and is a career path for many servant leaders. Certification includes:
- SAFe 5 Certified Scrum Master PDF certificate
- SAFe 5 Certified Scrum Master digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the SDP Community of Practice
- Access to Meetup groups and events that connect you with other SAFe Certified Professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support you during your SAFe journey
- Exam Name: SAFe® 5 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe 5 Scrum Master course
- Exam cost: First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language: English
- Retake policy: Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
CALL FOR DATES - 0845 226 8020
One to One Coaching - £80 per hour
One- to- One Coaching can help accelerate your progress towards your goals. Talk to one of our experienced coaches now!
Need advice before you decide?
CALL an advisor on 0845 226 8020 or complete the form below.
Agile PM Foundation & Practitioner Combined eLearning
This APMG accredited e-Learning course builds on the foundation principles and techniques covered in the Agile PM Foundation, and delves deeper into the practicalities of making them work.Find out more
One to One Coaching
One- to- One Coaching can help accelerate your progress towards your goals. Talk to one of our experienced coaches now!Find out more
SAFe Product Owner
Two day course to develop the skill sets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterpriseFind out more
SAFe DevOps Certification Training
Two day course to help people across all roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end.Find out more