APMG Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Training CourseBecome a specialist in executing Lean Six Sigma projects.
CALL FOR DATES
Duration: 5 Days
Location: Central London
This 5 day course is intended for those people who are about embark on a Lean Six Sigma project and the purpose is to prepare you by covering all of the key concepts and elements, tools and techniques that you will need to use in order to deliver a successful outcome.
On this course you will learn how to:-
- Understand and apply the core values and principles of project management
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of each role in the project
- Know the difference between traditional projects and continuous improvement initiatives
- Understand and incorporate Lean and Six Sigma tools and techniques
- Work on a Lean Six Sigma project under the guidance of a Green Belt
There are two elements required to achieve Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification, which are to demonstrate sufficient understanding of the knowledge and to evidence capability of delivering a Black Belt project. In order to achieve certification as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, delegates need to take and pass the Green Belt examination and deliver a Green Belt level project within an organisation, with guidance from your course leader, following successful completion of the course.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are specialists in executing Lean Six Sigma projects. With the right combination of specialist expertise, statistical analysis and structured Lean Six Sigma methodology, the Green Belt is able to achieve significant improvements in performance and quality. A Green Belt might work alone or as a junior project manager in a team or as a team member in larger Black Belt project.
This course is suitable for managers, potential project managers, work-stream leaders or team members who wish to gain an insight into the world of Lean Six Sigma Project Management.
No formal prerequisites exist for this course and no prior exposure to project work is required.
- Course Manual
- Exam Fee
Should you require a globally recognized certification, this course prepares you to sit the ASQ Lean Six Sigma Green Belt examination, costs payable direct to ASQ, currently priced at $438.
This highly experiential and interactive course introduces delegates to the foundation concepts, tools and techniques of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies. We will use a short, generic case-study to enable you to gain confidence in the use of well proven techniques and apply your learning, in a safe, supported environment. It provides a solid foundation for further developing your project management skills through self-reading, more advanced training and practical hands-on experience.
The Define phase
- The Business Case – Project financial indicators (ROI, NPV)
- The Business Case – Probabilistic Models (Crystal Ball exercises)
- Probability – introduction
- Probability models (and their use for process improvement and design)
The Measure phase
- Reminder (measurement framework and metrics identification)
- Descriptive statistics
- MINITAB Exercises (Creating a process baseline) – graphical tools
- Z transformation (Appendix)
The Analyse Phase
- Root Cause Analysis (reminder)
- Estimation (point estimation and confidence intervals)
- The Central Limit Theorem (CLT)
- Hypothesis Testing – Introduction
- Hypothesis Testing Examples and MINITAB Exercises
- Hypothesis Testing on Continuous Normal Data (Z and T tests, tests for variances..)
- ANOVA – Analysis of Variance
- Non Parametric Tests
- Tests for discrete variables (proportions, Chi-Square)
- Correlation Analysis and Correlation indexes (Pearson, Spearman)
- Regression Analysis overview and exercises
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA / Gage R&R)
The Improve Phase
- Improvement Qualification
- Change Management in the Improve phase – The role of Green Belts
The Control Phase
- Statistical Process Control
- SPC applicability and interpretation
- X-bar and R charts
- I-MR charts
- U Charts
There is an option to take the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – BMLI exam during the final module of training and a BMLI certificate will be issued on passing.
- Multiple choice format
- 60 questions per paper
- 38 marks or more required to pass (out of 60 available) – 63%
- 180 minutes duration
- Calculators are permitted for this exam
No Exam: £3,995.00
With Exam: £4,145.00
CALL FOR DATES - 0845 226 8020
One to One Coaching - £80 per hour
One- to- One Coaching can help accelerate your progress towards your goals. Talk to one of our experienced coaches now!
Need advice before you decide?
CALL an advisor on 0845 226 8020 or complete the form below.
APMG Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Training Course
Two day course covering the key concepts and elements, tools & techniques needed to use to deliver a successful outcome.Find out more
APMG Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Training Course
This 10 day course is intended for those people who are about embark on a Lean Six Sigma project.Find out more