Agile PM Foundation & Practitioner Combined eLearningLearn how to flex and deliver projects rapidly to meet your customer needs.
Accessed any time or place, even mobile devices
Receive full support from our experts for the duration of your course.
Agile PM Foundation & Practitioner Combined eLearning
This combined eLearning package provides you access to both the APMG Agile PM Foundation and the APMG Agile PM Practitioner eLearning courses for 12 months. The course objectives are:
Foundation - 9 modules
On the Foundation course you will learn:
- The underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile.
- The lifecycle of an Agile project.
- The products produced during an Agile project and their purpose.
- Agile techniques and how to deliver solutions in an agile way.
- When to use an Agile approach to project delivery.
- The roles and responsibilities within an Agile project.
You can also take this as a stand- alone course. Find out more here.
Practitioner - 11 modules
The Practitioner course builds on the foundation principles and techniques covered in the Agile PM Foundation and delves deeper into the practicalities of making them work. This is an extensive course which provides in-depth knowledge and prepares delegates for roles where they are leading agile projects.
On this course you will learn:
- How to apply a variety of Agile practices in a project, e.g. Facilitated workshops, MoSCoW prioritisation, Iterative Development and Modelling.
- How to test, estimate and evaluate benefits delivery in an Agile project.
- The mechanisms for facilitation and support within an Agile project.
- The Agile approach to managing and prioritising requirements.
The price includes all courseware, the APMG Agile PM Handbook vs 2.0, your certificates on successful completion of both exams and your digital badges.
See the course on the APMG site.
The Practitioner course is only open to those who have previously taken and successfully passed the APMG Agile PM Foundation certification.
This course is best suited for people who have some experience of working in Agile project teams and who want to become Agile Project Managers.
There is no pre- reading required in order to take this elearning course because the course is divided into a modular format which follows the structure of the handbook exactly.
The best advice for successful completion of the elearning course, is for students to first read the chapter and then take the relevant module in the elearning. The course is well- structured and easy to navigate so that you are able to progress through the elearning modules at the same time as the handbook.
The Handbook offers a practical and repeatable methodology that achieves an ideal balance between the standards, rigour and visibility required for good project management, and the fast-pace, change and empowerment provided by Agile.
- APMG Agile PM Practitioner Handbook version 2.0
- APMG Agile PM Practitioner Exam Fee
A full hard copy of the Agile Project Management Handbook v2.0 will be provided to you on booking the course and is included in the course price. Please allow 3 working days from the time of ordering, for the arrival of the handbook.
For delegates who pass the exams:
- Digital certificate awarded by APMG
- APMG Agile PM Practitioner digital badge for your online profiles, LinkedIn etc
- Free membership to Agile Business Consortium for one year
- Roles and responsibilities from the Project Manager’s perspective
- Agile Project Management through the project lifecycle
- Effective use of the DSDM Products
- Deliver on time – combining MoSCoW Prioritisation with Timeboxing
- People, Teams and Interactions
- Requirements and User Stories
- Estimating – How and When?
- Project Planning through the lifecycle
- Quality – Never Compromise Quality
- Risk Management
- Tailoring the approach
All delegates will sit the APMG Agile PM Practitioner exam.
The Agile PM Practitioner exam is:
- 2.5 hours
- Based on case studies
- Applied knowledge
- Open book
Once you have passed exam you will be awarded the internationally recognised Agile PM Practitioner certification from APMG International. You will then be qualified and ready to lead Agile Projects in organisations.
Photo ID is required to take these exams.
Frequently asked questions
This Course can be taken as Classroom course at our venue in London and is also available in an e-Learning format (add link)
Photo ID is required to take these exams.
Your career in Project Management may begin with professional training, but in order to succeed in this competitive industry, you will need a mixture of the right training and the appropriate skills and experience of running projects.
Project Management courses are often sector agnostic and focus on the specific project management framework as well as the tools and techniques involved in the application. Many of the project management approaches that are in existence today have been taken from the construction industry but have now been applied across many industries.
As someone new to project management, you would be likely to start off in a junior role or as a project assistant, or co- Ordinator. These junior- level positions can provide exposure to project- based work but without the pressure. Having gained some experience at the junior level, you could progress into a project management role and then into a senior role. After a substantial time in project management, you could progress to the next level of programme management where you would be responsible for multiple projects.
In order to achieve such progression, you would be well- advised to take qualifications and join a professional association. There are many different project management professional bodies, each with their own certification scheme. For example:
The APM offers the following certifications:
• APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) – an introductory course in project management terminology. No prior project management knowledge or experience is required.
• APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) – a knowledge-based qualification that allows candidates to demonstrate an understanding of all elements of project management. You’ll need some previous experience of working in a project management role and will ideally have completed the PFQ.
• APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ) – covers the core and specific competences project professionals require. It is aimed at all those working in project management and looking to become a member of the APM.
• APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ) – for experienced professional with at least three years’ experience.
A variety of certificates for experienced project managers are also available from the PMI. In most cases you will need a degree and at least three years of project management experience for entry onto these programmes. Courses include:
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Program Management Professional (PgMP)
• Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
• PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
• PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
• PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP).
Courses are available in the various project management methodologies such as:
• PRINCE2 – a structured methodology, commonly used for end-to-end project management. Courses are available at foundation, practitioner and agile level. Foundation courses are suitable for new recruits with a basic knowledge of project management processes. You’ll then progress to practitioner level, which is aimed at working professionals.
• AGILE is suited to fast-moving environments such as IT. Agile methodology uses short development cycles called sprints to focus on continuous improvement in the development of a product. Training is available at foundation and practitioner level.
Getting qualified in Agile Project Management is your first step towards a rewarding career in Agile Project Management. Gaining permanent employment as a junior Agile Project Manager will build on your knowledge gained in your certification course and provide you with valuable experience to add to your project portfolio.
The types of industry sector that use these skills are many and varied and you can either specialise in a particular industry or you can work across several sectors to give you breadth of knowledge and experience.
Once you have the necessary experience, you can apply for Agile Project Management roles, where you can expect to earn upwards of £40K. Once you have a few years’ experience at this level, you can progress to Senior Project Management roles and a salary of around £60K.
No Exam: £465.00
With Exam: £875.00
One to One Coaching - £80 per hour
One- to- One Coaching can help accelerate your progress towards your goals. Talk to one of our experienced coaches now!
Need advice before you decide?
CALL an advisor on 0845 226 8020 or complete the form below.
One to One Coaching
One- to- One Coaching can help accelerate your progress towards your goals. Talk to one of our experienced coaches now!Find out more
SAFe Scrum Master Training
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise.Find out more
SAFe Product Owner
Two day course to develop the skill sets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterpriseFind out more
SAFe DevOps Certification Training
Two day course to help people across all roles work together to optimize their value stream from end to end.Find out more