Agile PM Foundation elearningLearn how to flex and deliver projects rapidly to meet your customer needs.
ACCESS ANY TIME OR PLACE, EVEN from MOBILE DEVICES
OFFICIAL APMG AgilePM HANDBOOK
RECEIVE FULL SUPPORT FROM OUR EXPERTS FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR COURSE
Agile PM Foundation eLearning
Agile PM Foundation eLearning is an APMG accredited course providing participants with an understanding of the foundation principles and techniques used in the DSDM Agile Project Management framework. If you can't attend our classroom based course, then this eLearning course is for you! Learn at your own pace, in the comfort of your own surroundings with our accredited eLearning course.
- How to apply a variety of Agile practices in a project, e.g. Facilitated workshops, MoSCoW prioritisation, Iterative Development and Modelling.
- How to test, estimate and evaluate benefits delivery in an Agile project.
- The mechanisms for facilitation and support within an Agile project.
- The Agile approach to managing and prioritising requirements.
Our Agile Foundation eLearning courses provide you with the ultimate flexibility, so that you are able to study at your own pace and complete your course whenever you like.
The Foundation course is open to anyone with an interest in project management and agile techniques. Some experience of working in project teams would be beneficial.
There are no prerequisites for this course, however pre-reading of the course handbook is advised as it will give you the the best chance of successfully passing the exams.
This material will be sent out to you prior to the course. The pre-course will be sent to you prior to the course and comprises of:
Reading the Agile Pre-Course study guide PDF
Reading Chapters 1 to 3 from the official Agile Project Management Handbook v2.0 PDF
A full hard copy of the Agile Project Management Handbook v2.0 will be provided to you upon arrival on the course.
- APMG Handbook version 2.0
- Exam Fee
For delegates who pass the exams:
- Digital certificate for online profiles
- Free membership to Agile Business Consortium for one year
- What is Agile? And why use DSDM?
- Philosophy, Principles, and Project Variables
- Preparing for Success
- Preparing for Agile Project Management
- The DSDM Process
- The People – DSDM Roles and Responsibilities
- The DSDM Products
- Key Practices – Prioritisation and Timeboxing
- Planning and Control Throughout the Lifecycle
- Other Practices – Iterative Development, Facilitated Workshops, Modelling and Prototyping
All delegates will sit the APMG Agile Foundation examination (a multiple choice paper) in the late afternoon of the course. The Foundation exam is multiple choice, closed book format, you will have 40 minutes to complete it.
Once you have passed exam you will be awarded the internationally recognised Agile Foundation certification from APMG International. You’ll then be eligible to progress on to the Agile Practitioner course
Photo ID is required to take these exams.
Frequently asked questions
This Course can be taken as Classroom course at our venue in London and is also available in an e-Learning format (add link)
Photo ID is required to take these exams.
Your career in Project Management may begin with professional training, but in order to succeed in this competitive industry, you will need a mixture of the right training and the appropriate skills and experience of running projects.
Project Management courses are often sector agnostic and focus on the specific project management framework as well as the tools and techniques involved in the application. Many of the project management approaches that are in existence today have been taken from the construction industry but have now been applied across many industries.
As someone new to project management, you would be likely to start off in a junior role or as a project assistant, or co- Ordinator. These junior- level positions can provide exposure to project- based work but without the pressure. Having gained some experience at the junior level, you could progress into a project management role and then into a senior role. After a substantial time in project management, you could progress to the next level of programme management where you would be responsible for multiple projects.
In order to achieve such progression, you would be well- advised to take qualifications and join a professional association. There are many different project management professional bodies, each with their own certification scheme. For example:
The APM offers the following certifications:
• APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) – an introductory course in project management terminology. No prior project management knowledge or experience is required.
• APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) – a knowledge-based qualification that allows candidates to demonstrate an understanding of all elements of project management. You’ll need some previous experience of working in a project management role and will ideally have completed the PFQ.
• APM Project Professional Qualification (PPQ) – covers the core and specific competences project professionals require. It is aimed at all those working in project management and looking to become a member of the APM.
• APM Practitioner Qualification (PQ) – for experienced professional with at least three years’ experience.
A variety of certificates for experienced project managers are also available from the PMI. In most cases you will need a degree and at least three years of project management experience for entry onto these programmes. Courses include:
• Project Management Professional (PMP)
• Program Management Professional (PgMP)
• Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)
• Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
• PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP)
• PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA)
• PMI Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP).
Courses are available in the various project management methodologies such as:
• PRINCE2 – a structured methodology, commonly used for end-to-end project management. Courses are available at foundation, practitioner and agile level. Foundation courses are suitable for new recruits with a basic knowledge of project management processes. You’ll then progress to practitioner level, which is aimed at working professionals.
• AGILE is suited to fast-moving environments such as IT. Agile methodology uses short development cycles called sprints to focus on continuous improvement in the development of a product. Training is available at foundation and practitioner level.
Getting qualified in Agile Project Management is your first step towards a rewarding career in Agile Project Management. Gaining permanent employment as a junior Agile Project Manager will build on your knowledge gained in your certification course and provide you with valuable experience to add to your project portfolio.
The types of industry sector that use these skills are many and varied and you can either specialise in a particular industry or you can work across several sectors to give you breadth of knowledge and experience.
Once you have the necessary experience, you can apply for Agile Project Management roles, where you can expect to earn upwards of £40K. Once you have a few years’ experience at this level, you can progress to Senior Project Management roles and a salary of around £60K.
No Exam: £195.00
With Exam: £395.00
One to One Coaching - £80 per hour
One- to- One Coaching can help accelerate your progress towards your goals. Talk to one of our experienced coaches now!
Need advice before you decide?
CALL an advisor on 0845 226 8020 or complete the form below.
Agile PM Foundation & Practitioner Combined eLearning
This APMG accredited e-Learning course builds on the foundation principles and techniques covered in the Agile PM Foundation, and delves deeper into the practicalities of making them work.Find out more
One to One Coaching
One- to- One Coaching can help accelerate your progress towards your goals. Talk to one of our experienced coaches now!Find out more
SAFe Scrum Master Training
In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe enterprise.Find out more
SAFe Product Owner
Two day course to develop the skill sets needed to guide the delivery of value in a Lean enterpriseFind out more